 Robotics / RCX / Java / 78
  LVI install problems

Given that I'm new to Java this is probably a silly question, but when I try to install LVI I get the error: C:\Steve\Lego\lejos\lvi>java install Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: install Java2 and LeJOS seem to be working (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

Which version did you download? I assume you got the compiled classes? If you downloaded the source, make sure all the classes are compiled, and that you are in the directory where the install class is. Andy (...) -- See my Visual Interface for (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

(...) Yes, this is with the compiled classes. Trying from the source didn't work either. Could it have something to do with the CLASSPATH variable? I used the command set CLASSPATH=C:\Steve\L...\tools.jar before trying "java install" from the (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

Try setting the classpath to point to the place where the install class is. I have this problem a few times, and most of the time I can't get it to work. :-( Most of the time people just have to experiment as very few ever seem to report having this (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

(...) Well, that seemed to do something. It finds install.class, but I get the error message "Error creating .lvi directory" Thanks for your help! -- Steve (ps my Learning Java book arrives from amazon.com today, so I've got to get this working! :O (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

At least it runs. :-) That error means that for some reason install could not create the directory .lvi in your windows directory. Check to see if you are able to create a folder in the Windows directory by hand, as this just calls "standard" java (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

Had an error "C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1...1\Classes" is not a directory, but I just created a directory there and now it's working fine. Thanks!! (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)