 Robotics / RCX / Java / 35
34  |  36
Subject:
the 'java on host' concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:14:03 GMT

to overcome limitations of the prog. size in my CM, and my experience
with Java, I decided to have the applications running on the host laptop.
In the mean time things are looking very good. I'm only running
Java on the host. I didn't touch the CM. I thought that that was
a hurdle enough for playing robotics. I've put an set of classes/objects
together that make writing "CM-applications" about as simple as using NQC
in the RCX-CC. That is great stuff, but my CM only has .5 K of mem.

So at this moment I have a all-java environment for driving the CM. For
the purists in robots not relying on external computer power... the
main board of my laptop is so small that a CM could easily carry it around
along with the batteries...

Anybody outthere working from the same java on host concept? I saw Dario
Laverde and Scott Lewis; their contributions helped me a lot when building
my own ground-up.

Theo.