 Robotics / RCX / Java / 339
  Communication Speed, PC -> RCX, LEJOS!

Hi everyone, Im working on a project with controlling a large Container Crane by 4 RCXs. I have implementet some controlling and a lot of functions in the model, including a userinterface made in Java for a laptop. The crane is controlled by a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.lego.dacta, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: Communication Speed, PC -> RCX, LEJOS!

(...) I could not repeat your experiment exactly because I don’t have a joy stick. So instead I wrote a pair of programs that send single byte messages between the PC and the RCX. The RCX adds 1 to the incoming byte and immediately send it back. The (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.lego.dacta, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: Communication Speed, PC -> RCX, LEJOS!

(...) Hi Roger, Thank you for your help, it is a bit strange that you dont see any problems, since it is the same protocols we are using. I dont think the joystick is the problem since I have the same problem with inputs from keyboard or mouse, but (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.lego.dacta, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)