 Robotics / RCX / Java / 338
    Re: train control —Juergen Stuber
   Hi Daniel, (...) sorry to reply so late, I wanted to try it myself but didn't get around to do it yet (I'm starting an IT-Business as a consultant/systems programmer, see (URL) managed to run a train from an RCX with the standard power levels using (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: train control —Daniel Carvalho
   (...) hi Juergen I tried it with load, and it works much better! Only that the speed is not very stable in the curves. (...) If i use a cycle of 10ms, then i could only use 10 different speeds, because the Thread.sleep has a resolution of 1ms... (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: train control —Juergen Stuber
   Hi Daniel, (...) you can do more levels by something like the Bresenham algorithm, i.e. for speed 4.5 you turn it on for 4ms and 5ms of the 10ms alternatively. Though 10 levels should normally suffice, the standard LEGO train controller has fewer (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)