 Robotics / RCX / Java / 336
335  |  337
Subject:
train control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:34:17 GMT

hi
I want to use rcx to control a lego train, but the fact that lejos only
have 7 levels makes it dificult to set the speed.

Jürgen Stube wrote in september2001:

"Yes, the standard LEGO routines make it very hard to control
speed.  Basically with an 8ms cycle they set the motor output
part of the time (depending on power level) to full voltage,
and the rest they let it float."

i've made a java program to imitate this, using a 20 ms cycle, but the
result is not satisfying. It's not so smooth as when the train is
controlled with the Electric Train Speed Regulator (#4548).

Is this a limitation of lejos or the rcx?
Or is it a problem with my code (see at end of message)?

Daniel

----
import josx.platform.rcx.*;

public class Locomotiva extends Thread {

     private Motor motor;

     private int velocidade;

     public Locomotiva(Motor m) {
motor=m;