 Robotics / RCX / Java / 31
Re: How well does the RCX JVM work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:20:48 GMT

Hi Dennis,
I am considering moving up to the Java VM from NQC on my RCX but I have
a few questions.

Does it only run on a PC?  W9X?  Mac (NO PC emulation)?
Lejos runs AFAIK on PC and Linux.

Does it need spirit.ocx to run?
No.

Can I write in my own SDK or does it have its own SDK, and do its own
compiles?
You have to use an original SDK. It's an frontend to javac

Threads?
Yes, but currently no priority (AFAIK)

Direct control of the display?
Yes.

Full support of sensors?  Temp, rotation, light...
Yes.

Full support of PWM on motors?
Yes.

Will it remember the program after power down?
Yes.

After toying around with NQX, I feel lejos is superior.

ciao
Frank