 Robotics / RCX / Java / 232
    Transmitting time USB vs serial —Michael Heinrich
   Hello, I use lejos 2.1.0 and legousbtower 0.52 from the lejos distribution. I measured the transmitting time of an Int from PC to RCX with the attached programs and got the following result: 1. single integer (LED at the tower is off before pressing (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        Re: Transmitting time USB vs serial —Lawrie Griffiths
   (...) Michael, I tried your programs on Windows and Linux. On Windows 98 the USB tower takes about one second to reply (990 - 1100ms). On Linux it took about 9 seconds as you indicate. This looks like a problem with the Linux USB driver. I will ask (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)