 Robotics / RCX / Java / 173
172  |  174
Subject:
What is exception "StackOverflowError" in method "<clinit>"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 20:01:52 GMT

When running my program (made of several classes), I get the following:
(Output from the Emulator, but I get similar result on the RCX of course)

*** UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION/ERROR:
--  Exception class   : 7
--  Thread            : 1
--  Method signature  : 3
--  Root method sig.  : 0
--  Bytecode offset   : 7

Here is a part of my signature file:

Class 0: java/lang/Object
Class 1: java/lang/Thread
Class 2: java/lang/String
Class 3: java/lang/Throwable
Class 4: java/lang/Error
Class 5: java/lang/OutOfMemoryError
Class 6: java/lang/NoSuchMethodError
Class 7: java/lang/StackOverflowError
Class 8: java/lang/NullPointerException
Class 9: java/lang/ClassCastException
Signature 1: run()V
Signature 2: <init>()V
Signature 3: <clinit>()V
Signature 4: notify()V
Signature 5: notifyAll()V
Signature 6: wait()V

By putting some "traces", I see that the instruction that causes the crash
is a pretty simple:

TextLCD.print("MENU");

Any clue what it could be ?