 Robotics / RCX / Java / 172
171  |  173
Subject:
Problem with lejos-1.0.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:23:24 GMT

I just downloaded and installed lejos. Trying to "make" with java version
1.1.8, I get the following errors:

javac `find . -name '*.java'`
./josx/rcxcomm/DataPort.java:129: Variable DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE can't be
static in inner class josx.rcxcomm.DataPort. RCXInputStream.  Only members
of interfaces and top-level classes can be static.
   class RCXInputStream extends java.io.InputStream {
         ^
./josx/rcxcomm/SocketProxy.java:5: Package josx.rcxcomm not found in import.
import josx.rcxcomm.*;
       ^
2 errors

Doing the same with java 1.3.1_02-b02 runs just fine, so I will stick to
that version. But the Readme says that lejos will work from 1.1 up?

Mike