 Robotics / RCX / Java / 158
Re: Communication between 2 Robots - Movement transmition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 02:42:11 GMT

Hi Vasilis and Jürgen,
I think it can be done with only 1 thread in each.
In my Java line follower, the main loop reads the light sensors (I use 2)
and issues commands to the two motors.   It should be possible to encode the
commands into a byte and transmit to the slave within the same loop.
In the slave, the main loop would listen for the incoming message, decode
it, and issue the corresponding commands to its motors.
It may be difficult for the slave to exactly match the movements of the
master becauses of differences in motor performance and differences in
battery voltage. A second problem has to do with the unreliability of
communications - the slave may fail to receive a command.
An interesting project - good luck.
Roger
PS  I think you will enjoy working with LeJos