 Robotics / RCX / Java / 157
Re: Communication between 2 Robots - Movement transmition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:03:46 GMT

Hi Vasilis,

"Vasilis Papaioannou" <tweetious@hotmail.com> writes:

My main problems are two:

1) How can i transmit the exactly movement that the "master" robot perform
to the "slave" robot in order the slave one to follow it?

I think the easiest is to pretend that the same type of communication
that you want to have with the slave also goes on within the master.

So you need (at least) two threads, one that looks at the line
and one that does the movement, plus maybe another for communication
on the master, and just the other end of the communication and movement
on the slave.

For the transmission encode the movements into a byte and send them
with Serial, look at the serial2rcx example how to do that.

2) Does any one know if there exist any mathematical type that i can use in
order to calculate the increasing or decreasing speed of the "slave" robot?

You don't need any math, just copying the exact movement should do.
Don't expect too much w.r.t. speed and accuracy, though.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/