 Robotics / RCX / 979
    Gearing down a lego motor —Ram Meenakshisundaram
   Hi, Before I invest a lot of time on this, what is the minimal gearing I need to do in order for a Lego motor to let itself up. How about a lego motor lifting itself and another motor up? I want the motor to be powerful but at the same time fast... (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Gearing down a lego motor —Mike Fusion
     from my experience it really depends on the application, if you are working on a walker it usually takes a minimum of 1:12 for most of mine, but i don't know waht you are doing. mike "rubbing the weekend out of his eyes" fusion (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Gearing down a lego motor —Ben Erwin
   I think a worm gear and a 40-tooth gear worked for me. A string was fixed above, and wound around the axle connected to the 40-tooth gear. This wasn't fast though, more like a slow climb. But I think you definitely want a worm gear or some kind of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)