 Robotics / RCX / 685
Re: RCX 1.0 and RCX 1.5 - ANY differences???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 05:37:54 GMT

I just installed the software for Vision Command.  VC uses the 2.0 firmware.
I have not had any problems with the 2.0 firmware on my RCX 1.0 brick (from
the RIS 1.5 set).

According to Mindstorms tech support the 2.0 firmware is final .  The only
thing that is still in beta on their site is the mindscript software
language.

FYI: The RIS 2.0 IR tower is USB (according to the tutorial in VC).

Hope this helps.

Ryan

--

http://members.home.net/rjschave
Rob Doucette <rob.doucette@york.com> wrote in message
The only difference between the 1.0 and 1.5 hardware is the power jack.
IMO, the 1.0 RCX is more valuable because of this.  I'm not sure if the • 2.0
firmware will run on the 1.0 & 1.5 but I can't imagine LEGO would put out • an
upgrade that wasn't backwards compatible.

--
-Rob.

New sets and parts for sale or trade:
http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=doucette

"Marc Buchner" <mxb11@po.cwru.edu> wrote in message
I just purchased 20+ LEGO Mindstorm kits from DACTA (to use in a • freshmen
Elementary Computer Programming course) and they came with the RCX 1.0 • units
(with the power jack). Are these units (other than having this jack) ANY
different functionally from the RCX 1.5 units??