 Robotics / RCX / 534
Re: RIS 2.0 PreAlpha SDK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 05:39:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dave Baum wrote:

In article <38E68B07.BCDC2B85@akasa.bc.ca>, Dean Husby
<nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

Ralph Hempel wrote:

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet....

<http://www.legomindstorms.com/sdk2/index.html>

Thanks.

I've noticed the Firmware File size is HUGE Almost 25K! Ouch...

I've sent the following points already to the LEGO feedback. If any of
you agree I strongly suggest you do the same. Power in numbers...

"This is a comment on the implementation of the Firmware.

First, the command PBBATTERY states that it is DIRECT only.

Check out page 7 of the LASM Byte Codes doc.  They've added a lot more
data "sources" including one for the battery level.  This means you'll
be able to use the battery level the same way you currently can read
Timers, the Watch, etc.

Too bad its read-only, though.  I was hoping to charge up my batteries
with software <g>

Check out page 11. It states that it's DIRECT only. Not program.

That's what I gather anyway...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html