 Robotics / RCX / 508
507  |  509
Subject:
USB cameras
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:52:34 GMT

I put some info on what I have found using a camera with the Mars
Expansion Pack on my small web pages.  The USB cable is not a good
umbilical, stiff.  I had to abandon one scanning platform design just
because the cable tension kept stalling it out.  Also the cameras put
a lot of strain on the USB port power supply so you may need a powered
hub if you have several things connected. I have made two successful
bases to mount golfball cameras.

www.aloha.net/~mburger/tvusb.html