 Robotics / RCX / 505
Re: RCX auto shut-off ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:47:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Michael Jorgensen writes:
Hi,

My RCX shuts off automatically after about 5 min.  The set-up options in the
RCX software tells me its set for 15.  Is this min. or sec.?  I'm pretty sure
the batteries are fine...it also shut down when using an adapter.

Is there something else I need to do to change the auto-off or disable it all
together?

Thx...

It is possible in RIS and Robolab to change the powerdown set-up option without
downloading this value to the RCX. If this is the case, the RCX will continue
to obey the last downloaded powerdown value despite what you see in the set-up
options. The easiest remedy would be to download the firmware again, which will
cause the powerdown value to be set also. In Robolab 2.0 and NQC you can change
the powerdown value with a simple program instruction.