 Robotics / RCX / 343
Re: NQC wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:56:14 GMT

If anyone is seriously considering this I'd ask two things...

1) Have you considered porting the p-code interpreter used by Interactive
C or something like a stripped down Java bytecode interpreter instead?
The idea here would be that the RCX bytcodes are seriously crippled, and
rather then hacking our way up the chain, why not start with something
that was designed for more power up front.  Also with either solution
you'd get ready-made tools with Interactive C or a Java compiler.

2) If you want NQC to support the extensions, *please* talk to me before
starting work on them.  You'd basically be adding a new 'target' for NQC
and I'd want to make sure its as consistent as possible with the three
existing targets (RCX, CyberMaster, Scout).

Dave Baum

In article <slrn874f9k.nog.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>, mattdm@mattdm.org wrote:

Jacob Schultz <gandalf@superbruger.dk> wrote:
I was jut wondering, has anybody tried to implement a "better RCX-code"?
It must be possible to write something very similar to RCX-code in
LegOS, only faster and implementing the "missing" array structures and
more variables. Mayby compatible with ordenary RCX-code.

Yeah, this was discussed way back at the beginning of the
reverse-engineering effort. It's something I'd like to see too.

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com