 Robotics / RCX / 2947
Re: Remote control RCX by mobile phone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 06:17:33 GMT

Dear Zhengrong Zang

I don't thing that this will be work because as far as i know mobile phone's
using the irda protokoll like on the pc's  to comunicate to mobilephones and
other devices.

The protokoll is the same: baud parity and stopbit but it will not be sended as
high low like the serial protokol .

Look in google for:
  SIR (serial infrared) protocol - the basic IRDA transmission with infrared.
and
SIR physical layer

I'm not 100% shure but it is like:

serial protokol  L  H    H    H    L  L
irda protokol    L  HL   HL   HL   HL

However, the IR Transmitter encodes the bit stream to transmit .the data.

Bernhard