 Robotics / RCX / 2946
2945  |  2947
Subject:
Remote control RCX by mobile phone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 12:56:42 GMT

I try to make a appli that executed in mobile phone, it can control RCX.
The mobile phone's SDK provides class RemoteControlData with some methods as
below:
setPulse(int leader_on, int leader_off, int trailer_on)
    leader_on: start bit High period (all in micro second)
    leader_off: start bit Low period
    trailer_on: stop bit High period

setLogicalPulse(int output, int data0_on, int data0_off, int data1_on, int
data1_off)
    output: logical 0, High-Low or Low-High
    data0_on: logical output 0 High period  (all in micro second)
    data0_off: logical output 0 Low period
    data1_on: logical output 1 High period
    data1_off: logical output 1 Low period

setCarrier(int on, int off)
    on: Carrier Hight period (all in 0.1 micro second)
    off: Carrier Low period

setData(int length, byte[] data)
    length: command data length (in bit)
    data: command data

setRepeat(int time, int count)
    time: repeat interval (in 0.1 ms)
    count: repeat count

Althoug I know RCX Bit encoding is 2400 bps, NRZ, 1 start, 8 data, odd parity, 1
stop bit. A '0' is coded as a 417us pulse of 38kHz IR, a '1' bit is 417us of
nothing.  I don't know how to translate those to parameters of above methods,
does anyone help me?