 Robotics / RCX / 2844
  Comparing software

I get a lot of people asking what the "best" software is for the NXT. Of course, this is a complex question that depends on the user, and intended goal of the program. So, for the last several days, members of the Mindstorms Community Partners (MCP) (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Comparing software

Thanks, Steve, that'll be a very helpful resource. Would you consider adding cost (or price range) to the matrix? Also, to me it would be easier to read if instead of having YES/NO columns for the OS (Windows, Mac, Linux), the row had OS? And the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Comparing software

Hi Steve, (...) Some small suggestions: - PC is a hardware architecture (I have Linux running on a couple of PCs). I think you mean Microsoft Windows. - Lejos for the RCX is used quite a lot in education (mostly introductory courses to programming (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Comparing software

(...) Good point. I've corrected that. (...) Hopefully, people wanting to program an NXT will be able to see LeJOS is the way to go, for Java. I don't want to try to list everyone who can use the software, but I'd like for someone that's new to the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)