 Robotics / 26720
RE: Comparing software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:32:53 GMT

Thanks, Steve, that'll be a very helpful resource.

Would you consider adding cost (or price range) to the matrix?  Also, to
me it would be easier to read if instead of having YES/NO columns for
the OS (Windows, Mac, Linux), the row had OS? And the column values were
Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.  Just a preference.

Thx,

Tac

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf
Of Steve Hassenplug
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 2:01 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Comparing software

I get a lot of people asking what the "best" software is for the NXT.
Of course, this is a complex question that depends on the user, and
intended goal of the program.

So, for the last several days, members of the Mindstorms Community
Partners (MCP) have been giving me feedback on the page I created.

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTSoftware.html

It does include a subjective line which suggests who this software is
best suited for.  This line is simply my opinion.  But, as it turns out,
I get a lot of people asking my opinion.

I've already made a number of changes & additions to it, and plan to
do more ASAP.    I hope people find this useful.

Thanks
Steve