 Robotics / RCX / 279
Re: FSMs, coding techniques and other goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 01:06:44 GMT

Vlad,

why don't you write a graphical FSM generator?

Textbook FSMs are quite powerful, but in practice, states and
transitions are usually augmented with enter/hold/leave actions. This
provides plenty of configuration potential. Also, there's a whole body
of theory available to turn non-deterministic ones into deterministic
ones, minimize them etc.

You could write back ends to create code for NQC, legOS, pbForth and
even Spirit.ocx remote control from one and the same FSM description.

Never solve the problem. Solve the class of problems.

Markus.

--
"Nieder mit den Zitaten!" -Markus L. Noga <markus@noga.de>