 Robotics / RCX / 2683
  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) I take it all back. I'm so brilliant that I found a way to make a (rather large) change to the circuitry that brought things under the limit. Ok, ok, forgive my indulgent self-back-patting, but I'm pretty bouyant right now - everything is (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

On Thu, June 30, 2005 6:53 am, Justin said: (...) ... (...) I love it when this happens. Unfortunately, it usually leads to this: (...) Congradulations on your breakthrough. Steve (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) Nice!!! I hope you'll publish your work ;o) Philo (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) Wow cool, where are you going to obtain radioactive material (legally and without gettting in trouble with the authorities) to test your counter? :) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) Uranium or thorium ores are easily found in mineralogic collections... very nice radio-sources ;o) Of course precise calibration is another story! See for example (URL) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) As Philippe noted, there are various legal sources, but even without a source there is always natural background radiation to look at, so one idea I have is a device that records the local background level with a sliding pen on a rotating (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) Much easier than that - run down to the local camping store and buy some gas lantern mantles. Unless they've changed something in the last five years or so, they incorperate a reasonable amount of Th-232 which makes geiger counters click (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) Agreed... but it would be a nice experiment basis! Philo (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) Also you are likely to get a reasonable reading from Smoke detectors - though please dont dismantle the one that could save your neck! Danny (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Custom sensor current drain - use two sensor ports?

(...) Watches with glow-in-the-dark spots on them are a radioactive source. Brian Nielsen (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)