 Robotics / RCX / 2656
2655  |  2657
Subject:
Real-world interfacing to RCX: LEDs and magnetic sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 23:59:45 GMT

I would like to be able to drive one or two banks of 7-8 LEDs off of the motor
ports on the RCX.  I know that there is a winker board that senses the motor
level to determine what pattern to display.  Can this be accomplished otherwise?
I also want to use a magnetic sensor to calculate the RPM of a motor... can the
RCX respond quick enough to sense 5000-10000+ switch closures per minute?

Thanks!
Dave Pyatt
dcpyatt@jclay.com