 Robotics / RCX / 2623
  rcx brick fail to download

Hi, There are two unknown symbols on the RCX, I wonder if anyone could help me to understand it: 1) It had this upside down arrow at the bottom left of the LCD screen. This particular RCX 2.0 brick fails to download the firmware. I tried different (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: rcx brick fail to download

(...) The upside down arrow in the lower left sounds like the view indicator for output A - but turning the RCX off and on should clear that. The dark circle (I'm guessing in the upper right) sounds like the Datalog indicator (when all four (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: rcx brick fail to download

(...) It could also be the first piece of the communications in progress icon thing. (...) Yeah, remove the batteries and then press the red power button. This will discharge the caps. Then put the batteries back in. I have had odd problems loading (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: rcx brick fail to download

Yes. Out of desperation, I removed all batteries. After waiting for a few minutes, redownload works fine. Thanks to all who have offered help, as always. -- E (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)