 Robotics / RCX / 2594
2593  |  2595
Subject:
Can the Run button be reprogrammed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:12:31 GMT

I was just wondering, can the Run button on the RCX be reprogrammed?

I was thinking of a theoretical, fail-safe system, where it would be nice to run
a clean-up routine after the run button had been pressed to stop the program.

I reckon you'd have to change the firmware but is it theoretically possible, or
is the button hard-wired?

Could you disable the power and run buttons after a program has started?

I suppose if you extended this idea to it's fullest extent you could use the
four buttons as touch sensors?

Steve