 Robotics / RCX / 250
  Serial Comm with RCX

I am trying to connect my HP49 Calculator with the Mindstorms IR Tower, I thought I had got the protocols right, the Green LED lights when I send the packet but nothing else, no reply from the RCX. Am I missing something?. Protocol 2400 baud odd (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Serial Comm with RCX

Garry- I can't speak to your problem specifically, but you may actually want to try to make the HP speak directly to the RCX, skipping the IR Tower altogether. Someone claimed to have done this months ago, but never posted any code, so I have no (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Serial Comm with RCX

Well, it's hard to say what the problem might be. Since you've got the green LED going, you've probably got the cable wired correctly. And yes, it's 2400 baud, 1 start, 1 stop, 8 data, odd parity. Perhaps the packet isn't correct. Here's a sample (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)