 Robotics / RCX / 2483
    Light Sensor question —Sam Kabra
   I'm new to mindstorms so I have a simple question. At work, we're trying to measure the light tightness of rings. Basically this involves observing how much light passes through the outside edge of a ring. Is there any way a mindstorm light sensor (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Light Sensor question —Jerry Kalpin
     (...) Sam, you need to tell us more about 'how much' light-tightness you want and if the ambient has some or no light at all. As an extreme example, in testing a photographic darkroom for light-tightness it is common to hang a few rolls of unexposed (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Re: Light Sensor question —Sam Kabra
     Basically there's enough light coming through that it would expose film quite quickly. Also, the ambient does have light in it. If the lego sensor isn't sensitive enough, could I easily replace it with another? (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Re: Light Sensor question —John Barnes
     (...) Try a DIY CdS cell. See details here; (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Re: Light Sensor question —Sam Kabra
     Thanks, I'm picking up my mindstorm kit today and if I run into any problems, I'll post another quesiton. (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Light Sensor question —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Sam, By default programming when you configure a sensor input to be a light sensor, it gives you back readings in the 0-100 range (i.e. percentage of the maximum possible reading). To get better resolution (which I expect you might want), you (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)