 Robotics / RCX / 2481
Re: Communication Speed, PC -> RCX, LEJOS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:11:25 GMT

From the picture (d1_p31) it looks as though all 4 RCXs can see the
tower.  I don't know anything about pcrcxcomm.jar or rcxf7port; and not
much about lejos, however, if all 4 RCXs try to respond to the tower,
you will have collisions.

Try covering 3 of the RCXs so they cannot see the tower.

I am fairly sure you could use BrickOS with LNP in addressing mode; such
that each RCX has its own host address and the PC sends a message to the
appropriate RCX via the host address (and port number).

... now back to looking at the pictures ...

// Joe
http://www.calledtoconstruct.net

Gaasedal wrote:

Hi everyone,

Im working on a project with controlling a large Container Crane by 4 RCXs.
I have implementet some controlling and a lot of functions in the model,
including a userinterface made in Java for a laptop. The crane is controlled by
a Joystick through the PC.
<<http://www.gaasedal.dk/Images/Container_Crane/d1_p31.jpg>>

My problem is the communication speed from the PC to RCX, it takes about 0.5 sec
before the IR tower sends the message (1 byte) to the RCX. I use the lejos
software and the pcrcxcomm.jar and I use the RCXF7PORT for communication.

Are there any other method I can use which do not includes 0.5 waiting time, or
do you know how to get around the problem?

Please visit my homepage to see the project, I have put a lot of pictures in
there. <http://www.gaasedal.dk>

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Anders Gaasedal