 Robotics / RCX / 2447
Re: Control Cybermaster from RCX with feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:10:40 GMT

Is it possible to interface a cybermaster and an RCX without the use of a
PC, also without using up all sensor and motor ports?

Sincerely,
Morten H Pedersen

It might be theoretically possible to use one RCX sensor port for control
of the cybermaster - and using the one motor and one sensor port on the
cybermaster.

A few multiplexing designs I've seen use switching between passive and
active sensor to signal. With appropriate filters - this could be used to
control the Cybermaster, and receive feedback.

The alternatives could be to use two light sensors, and a lamp. The lamp
would be on the Cybermaster output, one light sensor its input, and the
RCX could switch between modes, activating the LED beside the sensor on a
light sensor. There may be a way to acheive this using the RCX's infrared
ports.

Anyway - I would love to hear from anyone who has implemented these.

Danny
--
OrionRobots.co.uk - Robots from Sol to Sirius.