 Robotics / RCX / 2290
Re: Lightsensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:05:02 GMT

If I shine a bright light into the light sensor it gets to 60 sometimes, but if
I put the light sensor very close to a lamp, it gets to 100. I could never get a
value lower than 25.

"Michael Gasperi" <gasperi@alynk.com> wrote in the message
Are you saying that if you shine a bright light into the sensor it only goes
up to 47, or is that the reading you get reflected from white paper.  You
should get 100 when you shine a light into it.

Thomas Ruhmann <truhmann@s-direktnet.de> wrote in message
Hi all,

as a newbie I have a problem in the training center with
my new 1.5 RIS.

The lightsensor shows only a range of 37/47 in view-mode between black and
white. (and so it doesn't beep)

Is this normal or due to a msfunction of the sensor ?

Thomas