 Robotics / RCX / 22
    RE: RCX Tower Internals —Ralph Hempel
   Kekoa wrote... (...) This might be a really simpleminded circuit. As far as I can tell there are a pair of 132's (simple HC logic chips) - one for each direction. They implement direct echo back, which implies that the channel is really only half (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: RCX Tower Internals —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) I'm pretty sure the echo is not direct, it goes out through the emitters and back into the receiver. This is demonstrated by varying the lighting conditions and/or the baud rate and noting the response. If the echo were direct, you'd receive (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)