 Robotics / RCX / 216
  RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

Recent purchasers of RIS 1.0 may order a software only update to 1.5 for a shipping charge only of $3.95, as indicated in the note from MINDSTORMS below. Consumer Affairs forwards you over to S@H to order, so have the rest of your holiday buy list (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

(...) Now I'm confused again... I've been told that the 1.0->1.5 upgrade includes some parts (a clutch gear, IIRC from an earlier thread) as well as software. Quoting Doug Wilcox: (...) which implies that the upgrade comes with pieces.... (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

Rich, I originally thought that the free upgrade was a software only upgrade. I thought that's what I saw on the MindStorms web site several months ago. I was surprised when I received the free upgrade to get the full upgrade kit that sells for (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)