 Robotics / RCX / 2148
Re: light sensor question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:36:38 GMT

"Jona" <jona@24tooth.com> wrote in message news:HIM3z8.t92@lugnet.com...
I am experimenting with some LEDs trying to get the light sensor to • react and it
seems to only see the light when it is "looking" directly into the • LEDs.
However, with a similar sized incandescent bulb, the sensor reacts to • the light
even if the sensor is shrouded and the light is at an angle. Is there • something
special in either the light given off by the LEDs or in the light
sensor itself?

I suspect that the spectral composition of the lights are quite
different. As to what the difference is, I have no clue. But it should
be available somewhere.

Along the same lines, the technical answer to the original question is
the response curve of the light sensor. This should also be available.
Does anyone know? [Does the light sensor use photo-transistors from a
fixed manufacturer, or does it change over time?]