 Robotics / RCX / 2130
Re: Touch Switch 2974
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:29:56 GMT

indeed, the construction of this beast may be very different (e.g. metallic
contact, 0 resistance... and a lot of bounce almost completely avoided with
conductive rubber)

I was fortunate enough to find one of these on BrickLink and
it just came in today.  It turns out the resistance is 2.2K and I
suspect the contacts are metal since the resistance doesn't seem
to vary with pressure.  It's an open circuit when the actuator
is not pressed.

Did you try to test contact bounce ? since there is a rather high value
resistor, perhaps Lego added a small capacitor too to debounce it?

Philo

www.philohome.com