 Robotics / RCX / 2088
    Re: DCC for the RCX —David Koudys
   In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) Mucho appreciated Mark. The Diode--any diode will do? and just solder it across the connector output? Take care, Dave (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

        Re: DCC for the RCX —Mark Riley
   (...) output? Dave, I used a 1N4002. It's a fairly common 1 amp switching diode. Here's a picture from my latest decoder install: (URL) that the banded end of the diode gets the blue lead from the decoder. The unbanded end gets the white lead. If (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)