 Robotics / RCX / 2051
Re: sending a message from the RCX to the PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 21:10:26 GMT

Michael Franklin Bosu wrote:

hi,

I want to end a message and/or acknowledgement from the RCX to the PC. I am not
using BrickOS or the standard firmware. I am using a different software on the
RCX. It doesnt have a function for the sending from the RCX, so I am trying to
do that.

I know that this will work only in the Reply/Request(initialising the
transmission from the PC ) mode since the tower should be on and I can take
care of that.

From the RCX internal page(http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/#Opcodes)

opcode F7 is the send message command, so I tried that in my code on the RCX
but it didnt work or do I have to use something more than F7 to inform the RCX
that i am sending a message.

I was using it based on the example below.

Please is there a way, I can do that, anything that can work for the standard
firmware I would be able to adapt it for ERIKA.

*Example: The whole code for sending the message 3 is the hexadecimal :

55 FF 00 F7 08 03 FC FA 05

where 55 FF 00 is the universal opcode-header

F7 is the opcode for the SendMessage-command

08 is the complement of F7  (e.a. 0xFF - 0xF7 = 0x08)

03 the message, FC its complement

FA the checksum, 05 its complement

Thank you.
Michael  mfbosu@yahoo.com

..... Normally there no reponse or other message wait by the RCX.

Try to read the doc of mindstorms SDK

mindstorms.lego.com/sdk (try sdk 2.0)

nanobapt