 Robotics / RCX / 1986
  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) If your green light is on all the time I am amazed that you are successful with any communication. Do you need to do the "open the port and wait 5 seconds" procedure to get RIS, javax.comm, and nqc to work? Something BIOS or hardware-related (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

I have a nasty feeling this a "facility" in windows at work here. I have noted that the "classic" ports (serial i/o and parallel) "jabber" when windows doesn't think they are in use. My suspicion is that there is some kind of a legacy port plug and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)