 Robotics / RCX / 1871
  Re: Firmware download troubles

A likely explanation for your downloading problem is the following. Standard Lego software uses 2400 baud data rate and a protocol that sends "double" bytes. The "double" byte is that each data byte is followed by its complement. Alternative (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

(...) ... (...) Dick and others, Thanks - this helped. What I did to solve this was run the NCQ command-line download at "normal" speed. This worked the first time. Interestingly, I am not sure that the Bricx (v3.3) download was running quad speed (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

(...) Look at Edit/Preferences. On the General tab is a checkbox labeled "Use fast mode when downloading firmware" You can uncheck that option to use normal speed firmware downloads via BricxCC. John Hansen (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)