 Robotics / RCX / 1840
    Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000) —Joseph Woolley
   Mark, This is very interesting. I have experienced strange motor behavior with programs on BrickOS before; I now wonder if this may have been the situation. I do not currently know enough about GCC to make the changes that you mentioned, but I am (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000) —Mark Riley
     Joe, [some reordering of comments for clarity] (...) The idea is to pick a certain number of functions that will fit in the upper RAM space (~2900 bytes) and put these functions in a seperate linker section (other than the default ".text" section). (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000) —Joseph Woolley
     <snip> (...) Ok, thank you for the explaination! I am thinking that the Memory Manager would need some rework to support this, since the start of memory is currently established at compile time. I will have to take a look at this (time allowing). (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000) —Jochen Hoenicke
   (...) I have implemented what Mark Riley has suggested. I submitted a patch to the patches section at the sourceforge project page. The changes are quite small but require some tricky tweaks to the build process. I have only minimally tested it and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)