 Robotics / RCX / 1758
Re: RCX Off Timer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:39:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Ringe writes:
I have a problem with the RCX ver 1.0.
Recently our group, MichLTC, ran a RCX controlled trolley in
a train show.
The problem is that the RCX shuts down while the program is
running.  I believe this has to do with the idle shutdown feature
of the RCX, I did not think it would shut-off with a program
running, but it does.
Is there anyway to disable this feature?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Are you using the 'stock' Mindstorms software?  There is an option in the
setup for the RCX, where you can set the time-off to 'infinity'.  I don't
remember where it is in version 1.0, but in 2.0 it's in the same area where
you download the firmware.

I'm using NQC.  Thanks for the input.

Steve