 Robotics / RCX / 1702
Re: Lego mindstorms on Windows 95...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:32:44 GMT

Or swap a USB tower for a serial one with someone - I'd certainly swap mine
for a USB.

"Richard Carver" <mylegostuff@thecarverzone.com> wrote in message
That's because the current IR tower requires USB and Windows 95 didn't
support USB (well, except for Windows 95B but I think most of the USB
drivers were custom/non-standard).

It might work with Windows 95 if you get the old serial tower.  I picked
a serial tower at and was going to give it a try but haven't had the time
yet.

If someone can confirm it works, you can pick up a serial tower at the
Pitsco Lego Dacta store for $29.

W779713    Infrared Transmitter and Cable Pack (Serial)     $29.00

http://www.pldstore.com/pitsco2_30/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=246&secid=
9&linkon=subsection&linkid=42

Or you could try getting the older v1.0 or v1.5 sets on eBay, they used
the serial tower.

Rich

Hi Folks,

Could someone please tell me if Lego Mindstorms works with Windows 95 ?

The Lego Web site says that it works with Windows 98 BUT NOT with 2000/NT.
Nothing about 95.

Please help.

Harpreet
========