 Robotics / RCX / 1616
Re: Java Mindstorms API
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:28:35 GMT

Hi Keith,

Keith Hargreaves <9809853@sms.ed.ac.uk> writes:

        I'm a 4th year computer science student and have just developed
an add
on to the RCXPort API for mindstorms control for the purpose of using
with standard ML as part of my 4th year project. The website is
www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~kvh/project.html Please feel free to download and try
out if you get the chance, If interested in my work with Standard ML
info on this is also contained at the site....

following on from this work I will be creating another SML interface
based on the Lejos VM. Work on this aspect is at quite an advanced stage
but not yet ready for tests... If you're interested reply to this and
let the discussions commence

on the site I saw:
  To build an equivalent system for on-board ML programming
  of the RCX using the Lejos operating system

Great project, finally there will be a decent programming language
for the RCX ;-)

Should better get going with implementing garbage collection soon.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/