 Robotics / RCX / 1607
Re: RFC: Creation of Version 0.2.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 06:00:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Martin Scragg writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Ross Crawford writes:
Well, even though it has a few Unix-ie functions, I don't really see it as a
-nix. My personal favourite is NogOS (for Marcus), but BrickOS is good, too.

You could also try BricxOS (in a similar fashion to BricxCC), which also
happens to have RCX in it.

Martin

Excuse my ranting, but... Bricx-anything doesn't appeal to me (1); I'm not
fond of the "cx" pronounced at the end.  Why not "Brick" or "Brix" instead?
BrixCC and BrixOS work, as do BrickCC and BrickOS.

Ian

(1) I dunno why; but it's a combination not used in English.  The only
abbreviation and technically not English (and as such it's touch-typed
differently).  No words use the combination "cx"; in fact, some use the
reverse combination (e.g. "except").  Typing it just feels weird.

Hoping I don't start a flamewar... :-D