 Robotics / RCX / 1599
    Re: Power to RCX —Mark Riley
   Hi Trevyn, From the photo you posted, it appears that you have the input and output pins of the 7805 reversed. According to the datasheet, this will probably fry the regulator. I'd recommend getting a new part before continuing, so as not to risk (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Power to RCX —Mark Riley
     (...) Oops, me bad, I meant 7809. BTW, here are some links to online data sheets for that type of regulator: (URL) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Power to RCX —Trevyn Watson
   Success! It works now, and gives 9.2 volts according to the RIS software. You were right, I did have it backwards. Thanks. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)