 Robotics / RCX / 1394
  RCX 3.0 and legOS 1.2.4

LEGO company will release RCX 3.0 at the end of next year, it will have 6 input port and 6 output port, 20x200 dots LCD, CPU is H8/3294 with 32K ROM and 64K RAM, it has a power socket as RCX 1.0, and with a built-in speaker, you can play wav or mid (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX 3.0 and legOS 1.2.4

Would be great it it's true .... and I hope not only legOS will be updated ... all the other tools should get a new release, too Ralf (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX 3.0 and legOS 1.2.4

(...) Hmmmm. Sounds intrigueing. Call me a pessimist, but I'd be surprised if they released a 3.0 so soon after 2.0. And the comment about LegOS is stranger, given the article I just posted, and the fact that most of the developers are right here, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX 3.0 and legOS 1.2.4

This is copyied from "Mindstorms Not Just a Kid's Toy" by Paul Wallich in IEEE Spectrum September 2001: "With version 2.0 of the RCX firmware due this fall, the original hardware may have gone as far as its designers can take it, and what directions (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)