 Robotics / RCX / 1316
  Creativity

Hi everyone, Someone asked me just the other day what good was playing with the Lego RCX. I quickly barked back that the RCX and NQC had taught me, a none programmer (well real world vs. Lego), a great deal about the essence of programming and the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Creativity

Hi Jeff; I think play for its own sake is generally misunderstood. It seem if you are not making something immediatley useful then what you are doing has no value! The value lies in the benefits of pure play. It certainly relaxes me. I view play (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Creativity

Hi Jeff, Tell me more about your fuzzy logic line follower. My line follower was always losing track of which side of the line it is on and turning in the wrong direction. It would then stop and use an expanding sweep based on the ideas of Dave (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Creativity

I think that my "Smart Acrobot" was pretty creative. :) I took the LEGO Acrobot that can flip over and keep driving and added a light-proof box with a light sensor and a handful of yellow bricks inside of it. This way, the light sensor either sees (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Creativity

IHi Roger, I have been meaning to make this available on the web, but I will try to give a brief explanation in advance. The fuzzy logic line follower that I have worked on also uses two light sensors and rack&pinion steering, but follows a line (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)