 Robotics / RCX / 1092
Re: 3 Sharps at one Input
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:04:22 GMT

Hi Rainer,

Very nice job !
You inspired me to build a kind of "general remote control box for test purposes", based on
the time-multiplexed switch encoder.
The (rough and wild)  idea is to make a box with 3 potmeters, 4 switches, by which you can
control the 3 motor outputs, the RCX display and adding some Leds  for reading some RCX
status information.Such a control box would be very helpfull during the design and test
phase.  I've planned to use the ideas published by Gasperi 3-mux (which I'll plan to improve
by using a real current sourse, so you get exact evenly spaced measurement values) and the
Gasperi input-mixer which you als used. For the last I have some suggestions to
change/improve?  the schematic:
1. use a 4051 instead of 4066, you get an 8-input device for the same size/price
2. by using the 4051, you can't use the trick of channel 0, instead of that you can use an
explicit reset by firing 2 consecutive pulses. This would give you also the possibility to
read selective one of the sensors.
If you're interested and my plans get realized, you'll find them on my website.

Rainer Balzerowski wrote:
Hi All,

if interested, you can have a look at my project at
http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~lego/Projekte/multi_sharp/multi_sharp_englisch.html

(See http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~lego if you want to chose between
german or english)

Rainer