 Robotics / RCX / *970 (-10)
  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) Yeah. Not sure about the hardware interface, though. Would it be possible to run the DOS executable to generate a binary and then download it otherwise? I too am not sure what this whole discussion is about- if it is just NQC, then it is (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) I tried to do a DJGPP build of binutils and it didn't work for me. I really didn't want to spend more time futzing with the tools, and I was already using Cygwin, so I used one of the precompiled toolsets. I think you are just a lazy typer, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) Actually, lots of packages try to deal with filenames intelligently. QT, for example, has normal C++ NamingConventions, but uses lowercaseonly file names. I try to do the same. Notice how direct-sensor.h became dsensor.h in 0.2.0, as well as (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) Wes and Dave, I pulled out an ancient copy of Turbo C++ 3.0 for DOS. It compiles most of the code but chokes on the >8 character file names. I might have to try Microsoft VC++ next....to make a DOS executable. I also found a DOS C Comm library (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) Wes, A good place to start with the porting is to grab the latest NQC source code from www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc and take a look at the family of PSerial classes in the platform directory. Create a new class (e.g. PSerial_dos) that (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: legOS-0.2.1

Cool! If no one else does, I'll try to get it working on Windows next week, along with the rest of the HOWTO push. Don't hold your breath, though :) -Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RELEASE: LegoSim -- another LegOS Simulator

Nice picture :-) I added this to the legOS tools page. Are you going to do 0.2.1? Markus. (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS-0.2.1

Hello, legOS 0.2.1 is out. No, I'm not working full time on legOS - this is just a day's work. Apart from minor bug fixes, a new file format for user programs is introduced, along with the tools to support it. The dynamic loader is a standalone C (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LegOS newbie wants more info.

Thanks Sergey. I was aware of Luis' fine HOWTO. I was actually trolling to see if Luis would offer a preview of the 0.2.0 version ;) I have never heard of doxygen but will grab a copy and see what that gives for documentation. Kevin (...) decided (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware behaviour

Markus L. Noga wrote in message <3818325F.AAF6DDFD@noga.de>... (...) You may find it reassuring to know that the Stop button on the Mindstorms remote is outlined in red, not green. It stops all programs and motors, but does not turn off the RCX. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact