 Robotics / RCX / *7270 (-20)
  Re: Save the RIS!

Unfortunately, it seems that TLC doesn't have a clear idea of what to do with Mindstorms in general. Their support for the whole line has been less than full - note the failure to update software for their cameras beyond Win98. I've been using the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

I wish I could give you a direct answer, but I don't know. However, I suspect (as I'm sure you do) that what you are looking for has already been done. Below are three possible sources which you can adopt, co-opt, or reverse-engineer to get where (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  green light to win

(...) ... (...) Is exhausting the 9V of the IR tower transceiver a Windows only problem? When my `uname -a` reports: Linux Knoppix 2.4.19-xfs ... then the green LED light stays off til some software speaks IR. But in Win XP, the green LED light (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Thanks for the link, but I meant only to be asking: How do I make sense of RCX replies ... ... when the RCX is first powered and after I download Lego firmware. Help? Curiously, cluelessly, thankfully yours, Pat LaVarre P.S. Do we have no (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

You might take apart javastorms: http:/www.javastorms.org They've implemented LNP using javax.comm. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  frame RCX reply how

Anybody know how to divide the bytes incoming from the RCX IR replies into correct frames, preferably using javax.comm on a Linux/Windows PC? I'm told I might want to: 1) Expect first an exact echo of the command packet. 2) Expect the reply code to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  brickOS in an Operating Systems Classroom

***...*** * brickOS in an Operating Systems Classroom * ***...*** Hi. I just want to report on a little project we did here at East Carolina University last semester. Although we never posted to this newsgroup for help, we need to thank you all for (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  make compiling error

When I try to compile my program I get this error: /course/cs148/bin/h8...hi-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin - fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -I. -I/course/cs148/include -c sound.c /course/cs148/bin/h8...chi-hms-ld -T /course/cs148/lib/brickOS.lds -relax (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: [ brickos-Patches-668115 ] Make brickOS work with up-to-date Binutils

(...) https://sourceforge....5&group_id =58151 (...) Any comments on this? It would be nice to have this issue fixed in CVS. Max. (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCXTTY-Variable Problem, calling ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickOS.srec

Absolutly, Thanks :-) (...) whether (...) setup. (...) something (...) newConf2 (...) a (...) _WIN32 (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Save the RIS!

In lugnet.robotics, Paul Kleniewski writes: This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

"Bluey" <Wolf_and_eagle@spam...yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H9HpMG.DJs@lugnet.com... This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

In lugnet.robotics, David Koudys writes: In lugnet.robotics, Timothy Schroeder writes: This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Problem with dll putting a program on the RCX.

I have determined that the problem I had with uploading a program to the RCX is a bug in either the dll program or the kernel of version brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2. I setup and compiled version legOS-0.2.5 without any problems, compiled and uploaded (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Robotics Educator CD by Carnegie Mellon

What do you know about the new Robotics Educator CD-ROM by the Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Academy? For more information you can look at (URL) then Robotics Educator CD-ROM. If you do the On-line Preview, then set your display to 1024 x 768. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Re: Save the RIS!

Stephane Simard ha scritto: In lugnet.robotics, David Koudys writes: In lugnet.robotics, Timothy Schroeder writes: This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact